|Online blackjack is a card game that uses one or more standard 52-card pack played against a dealer. If you are interested in playing online blackjack, we will guide you through how to play, the rules and winning strategies, as well as where to play online blackjack for free and for real money.
Online Blackjack Guide 2022
How to Play Online Blackjack and the Rules
Blackjack is played with one or more standard decks of cards. The number of decks plays a crucial role in determining the payouts since the more the decks, the higher the house edge. Thus, the best option is to settle for only one deck, especially if you are just starting out.
Before we get into more details about this game and the rules, it is important to highlight the main objective. Ideally, your main objective should be to beat the dealer. You can achieve these in three ways:
- Draw a hand value higher than the dealer’s hand value
- Draw a hand value of 21 on your first two cards while the dealer does not
- If the dealer draws a hand value that goes over 21
You will, however, lose to the dealer when:
- Your hand value exceeds 21
- At the end of the round, the dealer’s hand has a higher value than yours
We would like to emphasize the fact that unlike other poker games, in Blackjack, other player’s hands at the table do not contribute to your chances of winning. The only aim is to beat the dealer.
|How to Start Playing Online
Playing online blackjack is easy and does not require expertise skill. You, however, need to understand the rules of the game. Here are some of the basics you need to know.
Step 1: Choose the amount you wish to bet on a hand
Step 2: After placing your bet you will be dealt one card face up and one card face down
Step 3: You decide how to play your hand
Step 4: Dealer plays a hand
Step 5: Payouts
Basic Gameplay Strategies
When it is time to play out your hand, you have five options: Hit, Stand, Double down, Split, and Surrender.
Hit: When your cards don’t amount to 21, you can ‘hit’ to receive another card. This choice can be repeated until you decide to stand or until you bust.
Stand: This means you have enough to beat the house and you don’t need to take other cards
Double down: This is an additional bet that you can make when you have a higher chance of winning, in which case, you will take exactly one additional card and stand and simultaneously double the size of your bet.
Split: You can only opt to split when you have two cards of the same rank, in which case, you will be required to put up an additional bet and play two hands.
Surrender: If you see the cards in your hand and think you don’t stand a chance to win, you can surrender. Hence, you will not play your hand and will have to forfeit half your bet.
Scoring and RTP
As earlier mentioned, the standard deck has 52 cards, and each card played has a respective numerical value which includes:
- Face cards King, Queen, Jack, are valued at 10
- Ace can either be 1 or 11
- All other cards are worth their respective value- 9 of spades is valued at 9
You get to decide the value of Ace, which could either be an 11 or 1, and once you choose one value, you cannot change it until you are dealt a new hand.
Different blackjack variations have different theoretical Return to Player Percentages (RTPs). For example:
- Blackjack (Three-seat)- approximately 95.38%
- Classic Blackjack – approximately 99.41%
- Premium Blackjack – approximately 99.67%
- Blackjack Switch – approximately 99.84%
- High Steak Blackjack – approximately 99.58%
Popular Types of Blackjack
- Spanish 21 – This blackjack variation does not have tens in the deck
- Super Fun 21 – This variation has player-friendly rules but pays lower than standard blackjack
- Blackjack Switch – A multi-hand variant where you are required to play two hands
- Progressive Blackjack – Similar to conventional blackjack but there is an additional side bet that you can choose to play.
- Pontoon – You are required to hit any hand 14 and under
- Blackjack Double Exposure – the dealer’s two cards are exposed before you make a decision
Playing Online Blackjack for Real Money and for Free
Online blackjack accommodates both beginners and experts. As a beginner, you can easily incorporate the tips of how to play that we have discussed above to help you get started.
Better yet, you don’t have to start by risking your money since online casinos offer the demo version, which allows you to play blackjack without making a deposit.
With free online blackjack, the gameplay and the strategies remain the same whether you are playing for free or for real money. However, any winnings obtained when playing for free cannot be cashed out.
Play for Real Money
After enhancing your skill using the demo version, you can transition to play Blackjack online for real money. Playing for real money is entertaining and thrilling, and you don’t have to visit a physical casino since several online casinos in Kenya offer this game.
However, before you decide to wager for real money, let us discuss some of the winning strategies you should incorporate.
Best Online Blackjack Sites
Online Blackjack Winning Strategies And Tips
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your blackjack wagers:
- Choose the best online casino
- Understand the rules
- Use your head not your heart
- Choose blackjack variants with a low house edge
- Choose a table that matches your bankroll
- Come up with a strategy that works for you
Online blackjack strategies you can consider using include:
- When to Hit: Always hit on 8 through 13 and don’t hit past 16
- When to Stand: Always stand on 17
- When to double down: Always double down on 11s
- When to split: Always split 8 and aces and never split tens
- When to surrender: Surrender on 16 if the dealer has a 9 through Ace
- Other advanced strategies include:
- Card Counting Strategy: This is a technique where you keep track of the cards being dealt, and when you realize cases where there are more 10-point cards still to come, that’s a perfect chance to pile on the bets.
- Blackjack Insurance: This is a special bet offered by the dealer when they are showing an Ace and is best for advanced players who count cards.
Can I Play Online Blackjack on Mobile?
Mobile blackjack is compatible with both android and iOS devices, and it gives you the convenience to place your wagers while on the go. Better yet, the gameplay and gaming experience remains unchanged when playing on a mobile device or your PC.
The only noticeable difference will be the layout of the game where, depending on the size of your screen, the layout of blackjack online might appear in landscape layout. Also, the feature will be smaller compared to the PC version.
- Black Chip: A $100 chip
- Even Money– This is the option to take a 1-1 payout on your bet if the dealer has an ace and you have a blackjack
- Hard Hand– A hand that does not have an ace which means that it can only have one total value
- Monkey: A card with a value of 10
- Stand Off: When a player has the same hand value as the dealer
Online Blackjack FAQ's
What is blackjack bust and soft?
What are my chances of winning playing blackjack online?
Which is better, single-deck, or multi-game blackjack games?
Is card counting illegal in Kenya?
Can I play online blackjack for free?
Peris is an enthusiastic content creator and she mostly specializes in the gambling and betting niche. With more than 5 years of experience, she understands the dynamics of the industry and the evolution of players’ wants. As such, all her content is focused on the readers’ needs and you will get unbiased advice, recommendations, and guidance to help you become better at your game.
- Online Casinos
- Online Blackjack Guide 2022