Online slots are the most popular online casino games and are easy to understand and play. This is a game of chance and the results are totally random and there are no specific skills needed to play. The aim of the game is to spin the reels and match the symbols. These slots come with varying betting ranges that are designed to accommodate both conventional players and high rollers. Although most slots do not offer huge payouts, some slot machines have huge jackpots.
How to play online slots and rules
Playing online slots is very straightforward even to beginners. Here are a few steps to get you spinning.
- Step 1: From our site, select your preferred online casino
- Step 2: Chose a slot game among the available options. Your choice could either be based on the minimum bet where some slots allow you to wager from as little as $0.01 or based on specific features such as the availability of bonus features.
- Step 3: After selecting your game, check the paytable to know the value of the symbols
- Step 4: Chose your stake and enter the minimum amount you wish to wager based on your bankroll.
- Step 5: Click on the start button and sit back as you watch the reels turn and the symbols appear. If you don’t want to manually spin every round, you can set a certain amount of spins on auto-spin.
- Step 6: If you match several symbols a payline, the game will show you your win and the amount will be instantly credited to your account.
If you are a beginner, the various buttons on the screen can be quite confusing. Here is an outline of buttons and features you will come across while playing online slots games.
- Spin button– clicking this button sets the reels in motion.
- Max bet button– hit this button to bet the maximum number of credits allowed by the game.
- +/- Bet– this button helps you increase or reduce the amount you wish to wager per spin.
- Paytable– this button takes you to the section outlining how much each symbol pays and the paying winning lines.
- Auto button– this button allows you to set the number of automatic spins which could go up to 100 auto spins.
- Settings– this button allows you to set and adjust various options at a go. You can set the coin value of a wager and the amount you wish to wager per spin.
- Wild symbols– these are used to complete paylines and when they appear they will replace all other symbols on the reels apart from the scatter symbol. This increases your payout.
- Scatter symbol– this is another high paying symbol and it often triggers other bonus features such as multipliers or online slots with free spins round.
- Bonus symbol– this triggers the bonus round where you can land other bonus features such as wilds and scatter which all boost your payouts.
- Multipliers-2X, 3X, or 4X multipliers will multiply your winnings by that number
- Free Spins– when triggered, you are awarded several free spins that will not cost you anything and which increases your chances of hitting other winning combinations.
How to understand the slot machines
To understand the basic rules of playing online slots, it is worth mentioning that the results of every spin are randomly generated by a random number generator (RNG) and this means that the symbols appear on the reels randomly. This ensures that the game is fair.
Unlike classic slot machines, modern slot machines feature microchips that control the spinning action from the slot’s motherboard. When the spin button is pressed, the computer system placed inside the slot selects numbers through the RNG.
However, some other factors determine the frequency of winning combinations such as the variance of the game. For example, with a high variance slot, you can expect higher payouts but landing a winning combination occurs less frequently. On the other hand, with low variance slots, you can expect less paying but frequent winning combinations.
Other factors include a variety of bonus symbols and features. The main factor, however, to win huge at online slots is luck although bonus features such as wilds, multipliers, and free spins have a high potential to boost your bankroll.
How to understand the paytables and payouts
The paytable illustrates the payouts of each symbol and the paylines. The number of paylines you play determines your winning frequency. Ideally, you are more likely to hit win special bonuses and form winning combinations when playing on 25 paylines compared to when playing on one payline.
However, the more the paylines, the more the cost since you have to place a separate bet for each payline you play. Nevertheless, you can always make adjustments to help you wager on many paylines while still honoring your budget. For example, you can choose a lower denomination coin which allows you to increase the number of paylines while keeping the total bet at your target level.
Paytables are easy to understand and they vary from one game to another since each game comes with its unique features and designs.
In most cases, the first page of the paytable will display all the winning combinations along the number of coins won with every combination. You could also find some additional information about wild symbols on this page. The second page will mostly have full details of how the various symbols work and how to activate the bonus round.
Here is an example:
|Symbol||For 5||For 4||For 3||For 2|
|Wild symbol||10,000 coins||2,000 coins||200 coins||10 coins|
|Scatter symbol||5,000 coins||1,000 coins||50 coins||–|
|Symbol X||750 coins||100 coins||35 coins||–|
|Symbol Y||500 coins||80 coins||15 coins||–|
|Symbol z||250 coins||50 coins||10 coins||–|